We're hiring! - Jobs at Emsisoft
We are currently seeking applicants who would like to join the Emsisoft team in the following positions:
For German-only job offers please refer to our German jobs page.
We are committed to providing home users and businesses with the best malware protection possible. In order to protect you against brand new online threats, we combine first-class dual-scanner technology with behavior blocker technology that has been developed to perfection over the years. Our products constantly win top rankings in independent comparative tests.
We are one of the youngest and smallest companies amongst the international competitors of the antivirus industry and mainly set ourselves apart from others through our premium products and first-class customer support.
Our company's organization has been entirely virtual since its foundation in 2003. Our approximately 25 employees are located all over the world, but work together as if they were in the same building.
Every year, more than one million users download our products. Market researchers estimated in 2011 that our company has a global market share of more than 1% in the antivirus software sector.
Emsisoft is currently seeking new employees to expand its client software development team.
You will be responsible for improving and maintaining GUI and business logic components of Emsisoft client products, that help millions of users around the world to remove malware from their systems and stay protected. Malware is constantly evolving and developing new tricks and techniques to avoid detection or make removal more difficult, so expect to be challenged daily with finding new and creative ways to counteract new malware defense mechanisms. Plus, getting thank you mails from our users for your hard work, will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
This is a remote position and you will be working from home.
- Primary responsibility is focused on development and maintenance work related to new and existing Emsisoft client software components. This involves everything from minor code changes to design of new modules, including writing code, debugging, testing, and documentation.
- Ability to develop written design specifications from project management input, discussions with key team members and customer feedback.
- Complete documentation and provide input to improve procedures for installation, development and maintenance processes.
Skills and qualifications:
- Strong background in Delphi development (3+ years). Knowledge of other programming languages especially C++ is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Windows architecture.
- Hands on experience in Windows GUI- and business logic development.
- Hands on experience in crash dump analysis.
- Hands on experience in using SCRUM for development.
- Knowledge of common source control systems like Subversion.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of German or Russian is a plus.
What we can offer:
We are offering full time employment as an independent contractor, working in an interesting field as part of a growing multi-cultural company. You will have flexible work hours providing the short daily meetings are covered. Your job will be completely location independent, assuming you have access to a reasonably fast and stable internet connection.
Great! Please send an application including the following information to: jobs at emsisoft dot com:
- A short resume covering your previous 5 years of employment along with short descriptions of the main tasks you were responsible for.
- Please don't hesitate to include references to your previous work.
- Your salary expectations.
We are looking forward to your applications!
If you feel that your skills would offer the ideal complement to our team and can't wait to join us, feel free to send your proposal!